This sweet Mediterranean-inspired soup surprises with salty prosciutto. Dive in and explore Italy.
The ingredient of Pea & prosciutto soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g prosciutto
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Massel vegetable stock cubes
- 1.25L (5 cups) water
- 600g (4 cups) frozen peas
- 125g (1/2 cup) light sour cream
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Turkish bread roll, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Pea & prosciutto soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the prosciutto for 1 minute each side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Break into large pieces. Reserve.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Coarsely chop the remaining prosciutto and add to the pan. add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add stock cubes and water. Bring to the boil. add peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until just cooked. set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make garlic bread, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and bread. Cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Blend one-third of the pea mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining pea mixture. Cook the soup over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with sour cream and reserved prosciutto. Serve with garlic bread.
Nutritions of Pea & prosciutto soupfatContent: 366.148 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein
sodiumContent: 21 milligrams cholesterol